Thursday, July 28, 2011

I don't do crazy rain.

Have you ever driven in crazy rain that comes down in sheets instead of drops?
with crazy thunder?
and crazy lightening?
at night?
me neither. until last night!
I am an AZ girl, if you know anyone from AZ you know we cannot drive in the rain and I am not afraid to admit it. Imagine this: eyes busting out of my head, back straight as a rod, knuckles literally white from my grasp on the steering wheel, and jaw chomping the heck out of my gum. I was nervous.

How the heck did I end up behind the wheel during an insane Illinois storm? Well it started out with a game of bball. Kimball and Jordan went to play basketball with some guys from work and husband wanted me to come along. After several games we decided to take off, Kimball went to take off his shoes and an old calf injury from his days of wrestling spazzzed out! (as the wife i was two seconds away from calling 911 as he was lying on the floor, leg straight out with his calf muscle going crazy) Luckily, it calmed down and he was able to get up and limp out to the car but we weren't about to have him drive and get a cramp all over again! So, I got behind the wheel right as the storm hit. 

Obviously, we didn't die! But we did go 35 mph on a 55 mph road...the whole way home. Don't hate people, I eventually got us home! I'm just glad my sweet husband and good friend, Jordan, were there to tell me I was doing great and talk me through the whole thing as I freaked out the entire way. 

Can you imagine if I was alone? Or had kids in the car with me? I need to get used to driving in crazy weather so I don't freak out in the future! Have you ever driven in weather that had you praying out of your mind? Do tell! 

1 comment:

  1. haha oh Kelsey, you are so cute! You crack me up, girl! But I do admit that I kinda stink driving in the rain too (maybe it's b/c I am an Arizonan at heart though)...even though I've lived here in IL for how many years? atleast 5..I don't think people really get use to it. It's intense!! Especially when the lightning is going nuts! I live in Crystal Lake (northeast part of IL) and we've been getting hit with huge storms, losing power even...it's been fun. haha. But yeah, I am like you when I drive..knuckles so white, back so straight..eyes wide open, haha..you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete