Tuesday, August 2, 2011

our lovely weekend!

This weekend was absolutely filled!
Here's a little big taste..

Friday we tried out a mini-golf place that we pass almost every day.
The course was decked out in congo decor and fountains and bridges, 
very cool but very hot and humid!
I don't think we even tallied out scores...hah oops!

Saturday we headed to the Lincoln Park Zoo
it was not only free but extremely clean and big!
Pleasant surprise :)



coolest drinking fountain ever.



Michelles reaction to the baby alligator 

I was SO excited to finally wear my zoo dress!
Yes, my dress does have giraffes, monkeys, moose, and of course elephants!

That night we decided it was high time
 to check out a local hot dog place called Portillos.
 It's known for it's hot dogs and italian sandwiches
so Kimball and I were really excited to check it out!


 the Chicago dog :)
Maybe it's an Illinois thing but we've heard nothing but
amazing things about this place and we were...
not as impressed. Sort of a bummer but I'm sure it's just a 
personal taste kinda thing! If you know me you know I'm not
a huge hot dog person (i'm a polish lover) so that probably
swayed my opinion. 

Overall, great weekend with great people, great animals and great food :)
Only two weeks left here in Chicago!

I'm feeling bittersweet about it being August..
How are you feeling about summer winding down?

3 comments:

  1. i love your dress! where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it online at Lulus but they only had large left so my momma sewed it down :) I'm not sure if it's in stock anymore but you can certainly check--so great!

    ReplyDelete