Friday, February 24, 2012

Movers.

I'm not dead, promise. I've just been dealing with midterms, traveling, getting sick and preparing for the Faculty Showcase here at BYU! One of my past dance professors was crazy enough to ask me to be in her piece for the showcase and I, feeling crazy myself, accepted. After months of 6am SATURDAY rehearsals and late nights on stage the performances are finally here and let me tell you, the choreographers have outdone themselves. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to work with faculty members and other students in my last semester of school. My part in the piece is extremely small and it's easy to see why when the other dancers start to move, I am surrounded with amazing movers. Last night after our dress rehearsal I started to tear up as I told husband how grateful I was to have the chance to perform one more time here. I'm going to miss it so much and pray I find more opportunities to share my love of movement.

I would die if our choerographers went unnoticed with all the effort and passion they've put into these pieces so go to
 http://www.byuarts.com/calendar/eventdescription_v2.php?eventid=127 
and read more about the show and the stories behind each piece! Tickets are only $6 (which is insane) so come and enjoy!!
I am so blessed to that God has given me this love of movement.

beause I am blessed.

1 comment: