Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Susan Comes to Chi-Town!!

My mama-in-law came to see our new house and visit the city and us over the labor day weekend! 
It was soo fun to have her with us for the long weekend and boy did we fill every last minute. I could talk for an obnoxiously long amount of time about the crazy fun we had but I'll try to just do little captions with each set of photos :) 

First stop...Wrigley Field!!
I swear it was seconds away from raining...the entire day. It was absolutely insane that it never rained!! 
The Cubs didn't pull out a win for us :( but our Chicago dogs put us in such a happy mood we just couldn't help feeling good. Why does the poppyseed bun make so much of a difference!?!??? 

Next..Millenium Park & Cloud Gate
Or as as everyone refers to it..the bean!
On our way to the park we passed Sears Tower *ahem* sorry, Willis Tower as it is now called, but the clouds were so low you couldn't see the top! 

There were literally about a dozen quinceaneras and weddings going on in and around the parks. We noticed a herd of quinceanera guys (what would they be called...?the equivalent to wedding party?) watching these legit soccer players. So we stopped to gawk with the crowd. 


Onward to...Grant Park
Grant Park has the Buckingham Fountain and for some reason the weather is never sunny when we're in Grant Park! Last time we had to run to the train station in the pouring rain and by the time we actually got on the train we were soaked to the bone and cracking up at how ridiculous and fun(ny) we were. Everyone on the train looked at us like we were complete idiots. We laughed anyway. 

This time it didn't rain but the clouds were just as threatening. Thank you mother nature!


Finally....Navy Pier
After taking the trolley over to Navy Pier we looked around a bit before deciding it was a must to ride the swings. When Susan got up to the ticket booth she asked for "three single swinger tickets" we all started laughing and the ticket booth man was adorable and played along and gave us our "swingers tickets" :) Everyone here is so friendly! We've had a lot of great experiences with the friendly people of Illinois. 
Moving on to the swings! I had my big ole' camera, Lady, out ready to snap away when a swing worker told me I was gonna want to put it away. Geez Louise am I happy he told me that because that ride was WAY crazier than any of us remembered! I guess it had been a while :) Kimball and Susan were both behind me and when I gathered my courage and had a good hold on my hat I looked back and almost lost it with laughter as I saw their faces mirror my feelings of horror and glee! I am obsessed with rollercoasters/fair rides/anything that makes my tummy feel like it's floating so I was having the time of my life! There were times when I literally felt like my swing was going to come undone and go swinging into the lake. I loved it!!

The rest of the weekend included lots of talking, yummy food and shopping :) Just the way we like it! 

I am extremely blessed to have married into the family that I did. Kimball always says "you don't just marry the person, you marry the family" and it is so true and in my case I am so glad it is that way! Kimball and his mom have the sweetest relationship, it warms my heart every time we are together. I love my sweet husband and am so grateful to his mama for making him that way!

Thanks Susan for coming and giving us an excuse to be tourists again!!We love you!!

because i am blessed.





No comments:

Post a Comment