Thursday, June 14, 2012

Poor Baby Big Toe

Remember at Disneyland when I said a possible broken toe? 
Well I was almost right. After walking on the foot for another three weeks we determined the pain probably wasn't going to just go away magically. (Though because the injury happened at the most magical place on earth it seemed a logical thought) 

I went back and forth about going to the doctors but after I concluded the likelihood of my doctor calling me a baby was slim, I decided to go. It was great! He pulled and prodded and we heard a few pops (ouch? we already know it hurts, sir!) and got some x-rays. Which looked great! I was so relieved. After further examination he told me I had strained a tendon and taping it up in a very specific way (I will never understand how they remember how to tape up all the different injuries) and wearing this very fashion-forward boot along with some anti-inflammatory meds would have me better in no time! That's my kind of injury!

Maybe this is just me but generally my biggest fear when facing a doctors appointment is that the doctor will tell me I'm a wuss, to suck it up and stop being a baby. My other fear is that there is something wrong that will take a long time or a induce a lot of pain. So when the conclusion is like the one with my foot I am a happy girl! Yes, we acknowledge there is a problem. No, we will not amputate your foot. Good and good! 

Is anyone else like this?

Anywho! Glad it's figured out and glad I only have to take baths with my leg slung over the bathtub like a crazy person for only a bit longer. 

because i am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment