Monday, June 4, 2012

ARIZONA! YOU'RE 100!

My family moved to Arizona when I was barely a year old and I never lived in another state until I graduated high school and went away to school. I'll always be an AZ girl at heart and the dry dry heat will always be my favorite. This February 14th my Arizona turned 100! On our visit we did some of the things that say "arizona" to me. Bahama Bucks, lots of swimming, bbq's, kat and myles time, time with family and a trip to the Tonto Natural Bridge was in order.

This beautiful natural bridge was found by a man running from Indians and he saved himself and his family by hiding up in one of the caves (props for the resourcefulness). If you're in my family you've heard this story numerous times as my dad never fails to retell it when we come but this was Kimball's first time so it made it a little more fun :).



We had a blast despite the wind and getting soaked by the baby waterfall! Though I remember being able to climb around like a chipmunk when I was little, this time I realized how slippery and steep portions of the cave were!! No one slipped too bad and we all had wet bums so being embarrassed was out of the window.


Memorial Day we visited my grandma hendry and grandpa mckinnon's graves. It's always good to go there and remember them in my little childhood memories. I love watching my parents when we visit their parents graves. It makes me love them more and helps me remember that they are kids to someone too. I love my family!


And what's a trip to the Az without stopping at Bahama Bucks? I have yet to find a shaved ice place that has captured a Peach flavor that actually tastes like Peach as Bahama Bucks does. I've ordered the same thing since I was 5 (small or baby watermelon and peach, side by side, no cream) Don't fix what ain't broken! mmm.

Arizona was so fun and the best part was we were able to spend SO much time with my siblings! Usually we come at a super random time when everyone is crazy busy but with summer in the air everyone was ready for a bit of fun. So happy we were able to have this great trip and spend quality time with them before moving to Chicago.

because i am blessed.



4 comments:

  1. I tried to fix what wasn't broken once......got creme soda & blueberry muffin .....totally barfed afterwards. Never getting something other than the usual at bahama bucks ever again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. blueberry muffin? not feeling it hahahaha I'm such a poop when it comes to trying new flavors at bahama bucks (but i always try a bite of everyone else's hahah)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you guys! I'm so glad you've been taking advantage of your summer of freedom. Keep the pictures coming:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. While in Arizona Kimball and I thought (because we are very naive) that we should "stop by" your new place on the way back to utah. we mapqwested it and realized 17 hours isn't really a on-the-way-home sorta stop. I wish we had time to come see you guys! we just got a house! we'll send you a link so you can see it! I want to see pictures of yours too! I hear the floors turned out beautiful. Sure miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete