Monday, January 30, 2012

five guys and not so brilliant refs.


We had a glorious weekend of very little homework and lots and lots of play. Our Saturday consisted of 6 am rehearsal followed by an hour long "nap", if you can call sleeping at 8am on a Saturday a nap, some errands, a jazz and dance concert (amazing), costco run, five guys and finally a very sad basketball game. 

I'm tempted to go into dets about this bball game but feel it would be better if I give but a brief overview instead. So here it is, the refs were paid. That's all there is to it. No, I'm joking (sort of). It was one of those games where more fouls were called than shots were made, ridiculous. You know it's a bad call when they play the replay and everyone is sitting there gawking at an extremely huge screen with a slowed down shot of the supposed "foul" from every angle and still NO ONE can figure out how it possibly could've been a foul! 


Anyway, our boys fought well and walked away tall despite the loss.
Kimball was very disappointed and I'm sure the girls sitting in front of us were beyond annoyed as he yelled onto the court and I whistled to high heaven every time St. Mary went for a free throw (yes, we are those fans). I constantly remind Kimball to be grateful that he married a woman who loves sports, he smiles and tells me he is :) All in all it was a marvelous weekend and it did it's job in rejuvenating us for the week ahead!

I'm feeling a good week coming on! Hope you had a wonderful weekend and happy Monday!

p.s. five guys fans, do you not LOVE that the extra scoop of fries in every bag? bless you five guys for providing us with all the grease we'll ever need.

because i am blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously the most ridiculous game I have ever been to! I have never heard a whole crowd shout "WORST REFS EVER" hahaha I thought it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you were here and didn't tell me!?!?!?!!? shame clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryan is always reminding me how lucky I am that I married a guy who doesn't like watching sports. Ha ha - I wonder who is more exceptional - you or Bryan . . .

    ReplyDelete