Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Week









We spent Christmas in Virginia this year and it was absolutely perfect!! I am so blessed to have married such a wonderful man who comes from such a wonderful family. I am seriously in love with all my in-laws (on my side and my husbands side). How can a girl be so lucky? I have no idea but I am eternally grateful for the beautiful relationships I have with all of my family! 

I couldn't not put up a billion and three photos and even limiting it to that was difficult! Generally I love to take pictures but often get swept up in loving the moment and forget to snap the memory. Luckily I was able to get a bunch of cute ones that really capture our time there.

My beautiful sister in law, Lindsey, had her second child a month ago and we were extremely privileged to meet our new niece, baby alice, while we were there! Norah showed us how great of a big sister she was, it was very aNORAHable. (blessing post soon to come).
Putting captions to all the pictures crossed my mind but I think they speak for themselves  BUT the picture of hubs with his "corn de-husker" is a hilarious story I must tell...
Kimballs grandmother (susans mom) had a thing for kitchen gadgets (ever heard of an egg pricker? I hadn't.) Anyway, there's a cute little running joke between kimball and his mom (susan) about all the kitchen gadgets that are out there and so she decided to find a new ridiculous kitchen gadget for him every Christmas. I am personally very excited to see what she comes up with! This year it was a corn de-husker and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to see if it works!

One last thing, I can add a new state to my list! Maryland!! Did you know that the DC Temple is actually in Maryland? Now you do :) 

Between getting my booty kicked at the gym every morning by Susan, eating every thing in sight, shopping our brains out, playing Just Dance until dripping with sweat, searching the house for our first christmas gift (a very cute hicks family tradition where susan comes up with genius rhyming hints that lead us to our favorite gift *see bryan above*) and snuggling with family galore we had plenty of R&R to get us ready for our very last semester here at BYU. 

because i am blessed.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! Something funny is that Maddie got a bowling ball too!!! Isn't that funny?

    <3 kat

    ReplyDelete