Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hello Illinois

This is extremely late coming but 
we're here!
Kimball is in his second week of work, our house is slowly {very slowly} becoming a home and I am still unemployed despite a job offer and a few interviews that I declined (what is wrong with me...)

We have LOVED it here so far and love being so close to friends! Our ward at church is amazing and we've felt welcome from the moment we moved in. 

The only thing holding me back from skipping around in lillies singing Life is Beautiful is that I'm having a bit of anxiety over the whole what-should-i-do-with-my-life situation right now. I started the job career hunt as soon as we got here and basically just applied to the first thing that looked remotely interesting. I got an interview and an offer with everything that I had asked for in the interview. Win! Right? Well, I got to thinking "i'm going to be doing this for a long time. Do i want to do this for a long time?" I prayed about it, thought, freaked out, prayed, prayed and eventually declined the job. All the while asking myself "are you crazy!? it's a job! doing what you are good at! with good pay!" but I just couldn't shake the feeling that I shouldn't take it. And after I finally called and declined I felt immensely better. And the hunt resumed. Not more than an hour after declining the first job I was contacted about another. After actually hearing the detail of hours I determined it wouldn't be wise to take the job (I'd like to see my husband every once in a while). Then there is this internship that would be a dream...but isn't paid. So now the hunt is on...yet again. 

I think I had this vision of me graduating and finding a job that just perfectly fit the parameters of what i've been doing for the last 4 years and then getting that job and being blissfully happy and successful. Well, jokes on me. There are too many options and then too few and then I need this certification and then I'm over-qualified. SAVE ME! 

I'm positive at some point I will get it all figured out and find a job that, if i don't love, I'm at least good at and can grow in. 

Pray for me people, i'm strugglin.
Thank heavens for a husband that says "we'll find you a job that you love together! you're not going to settle for something you will hate" hallelujah.

p.s. no pictures *shock*, we'll do some fun stuff and i'll post about it soon. :) lately all we do with friends is eat. and i'm pretty sure you don't want to see pictures of that....

p.p.s. i really hope no one is offended with my editing/grammar skills. i apologize right now for my schizophrenic grammar.

because i am blessed.

6 comments:

  1. okay, I know exactly what you are saying. I felt the same when we moved to New York... you'll figure it out! you are so amazing and can do anything! love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that one Disney Channel Original Movie about the Latina cheerleaders that wanted to win the state competition? I have no idea what it was called but the main character would say "SI SE PUEDE, that means YES WE CAN." Despite the horrible translation to English, you can do it giiirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just looked it up, it's called "gotta kick it up" :) love you katter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that's right. omg. Afternoons at the McKinnons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What jobs were they that you turned down?

    ReplyDelete