Saturday, September 10, 2011

Outer Banks, N. Carolina

After spending a week in Virginia we loaded up and headed down to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. 
We stayed in a beautiful beach house and, minus a few hours of rain the weather was superb! Of course Lady (our Nikon) came along but she didn't see too much sun. But don't you worry, I had my phone on me some of the time so I still got some good pictures. So, surprise surprise, here are some moments from the trip!






Swimming, sunbathing, cards, reading, sunbathing, story telling, sunbathing, tennis, family pictures on the beach, and some more sunbathing = best beach trip ever!!

Susan, my mother-in-law, and I felt the earthquake but it was so slight we thought it was Kimball shaking our chairs, we didn't realize until after we heard that there had been an earthquake that it was what we had felt! We also took off a half day early to beat the traffic off the island because Hurricane Irene was on her way. But we made it out before anyone else started evacuating so traffic was a breeze back to Virginia! 

What a blessing it was to spend time with family and just relax with my husband who had had a summer full of work, thanks again Guy and Susan!!

because i am blessed.




1 comment:

  1. so fun! I am headed there in October and it looks amazing! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete