Friday, February 25, 2011

no more little miss arizona girl


prepare to be proud.
me, an arizona girl, has done the unthinkable
(now don't laugh..i'm truly proud)

kimball is out of town and we had a HUGE snow storm last night.
i, being spoiled, have never had to deal with snow.
so you can imagine my initial disdain when i found our car COVERED in snow
and our 30 foot driveway also, covered in snow!

so i got our "snow car kit" from the car and began to work.
then i got the shovel and shoveled the whole driveway.
40 minutes later i was backing up into bumper to bumper traffic on our street!
luckily someone was nice and stopped to let me in :)

miraculously, i found a close parking spot on campus!

i know it's silly but i was very proud of myself.

so here is the car halfway through the de-snowing process
(i didn't think to take a picture until i had already started,
but you can use your imagination)
i got to school just in time to miss my first class (even though i left half an hour early)
so i went to the bathroom to wipe off the smudges of mascara all over my eye lids
(don't you love it when snow does that?)
i couldn't help but take a couple *myspace* pictures while i was there.

like i said...i was proud of myself.
i especially love my fabulous 1960's coat
-special thanks to my mother for finding and tailoring this beautiful thing-
now that i'm looking at the outfit i'm realizing almost nothing of this was picked out by me..
beanie: my brother braden
coat, boots, shirt and bag: my mother
warm, adorable, fashionable gloves: my mother in law
cardigan (that you can't see): my husband
but i did pick out the pants (target for $13--rock on).
another fun fact- hair curls when it gets wet.
well at least mine does.
i had straightened my hair that morning but evidently that was a waste of my time
(don't get me wrong, i like my curly hair but it's not so beautiful when it's frizzy from snow and wind)
just a view from the jfsb :)
though the timing wasn't wonderful, i really do like snow
(sometimes.)
kimball gets home tonight (hurray!)
but my little adventure without him was fun and helped me to realize
i'm not a little arizona girl anymore :)
because i am blessed.


3 comments:

  1. I have to say that I am also quite proud, that seems hard and like it would take some skill. Way to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! We also had a big snow storm yesterday and got at least a foot of new snow. I however chose postpone all my outings until after I knew Bryan had to go out so he would have to unbury our car. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ROCK! Good girl! Of course, you do realize, don't you, that you were able to do all that BECAUSE you're an Arizona girl!! :) January 2010, I got snowed in for a week while Steve was out of town. It was fun to see if I was even a little prepared for an "emergency"... I was, but I have to say I was blessed that neither the power nor the internet went out!! That would have been a REAL emergency! xox

    ReplyDelete