Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Halloween Decor Beginnings

Our house is still fairly bare, I guess I'm pretty picky..but now that Halloween is close I can just put up holiday decor instead! Only one problem; no decorations. Let's be real, buying pre-made decorations for holidays get expensive! And considering we're always out of town for most holidays we haven't really had a chance to get anything cute or festive. For our Halloween party last year we used a bunch of smaller decorations for our little apartment but I don't have nearly enough for our house and nothing very cute.

So, today I got out my fabrics and yarn and ribbon, etc and hit up the internet. I was able to make a couple things and it didn't cost me a cent :) Here's the extent of my decorating for now...don't judge, I'm working on it!


My mama-in-law made us this little quilt last year! Now it's over our entry way table with my little scare crow (that I did buy) and my thrift store candy bowl.
We had a church activity not too long ago and a lady brought all this great glassware that she was trying to get rid of! I grabbed these, not knowing exactly what I would do. With a little yarn, and turning them upside down now they're candlesticks :) They look so much better in person, sorry for the awful camera phone pics.
The other thing I did was look through my fabric scraps and get all the fall/halloween colored ones. I cut them in strips (1in wide, 16 inches long) and tied them around twine, then hung it above the fireplace with an "H" I painted for our old apartment.


Sorry for the seriously awful pictures. I wasn't motivated to get out Lady and take some good ones. Maybe when I'm all finished :) 

I still need more trinkets but it feels so good to have SOMETHING over the fireplace finally. 

You have any Halloween/Fall crafts? Do tell!!!

1 comment: