Wednesday, September 29, 2010

the greatest love story is your own.



this is going to be the ultimate "because i am blessed" post. why? because i get to marry my very best friend and for that reason alone i am truly blessed. kimball andrew hicks proposed last night and i said yes! well..actually i said "of course" but, same thing :). SO from the start! last october kimball and i met for the first time at a halloween ward roller-skate/dance party. it was just a small exchange of names with thoughts of "he/she is cute" running through our heads. the following months found us running into each other at random activities and soon we became friends. each of us went home (virginia and arizona) for the christmas and returned for the winter semester. we continued our friendship and he even tried to set me up with his best friend but, that same night, realized he might want to keep me to himself. we went on our first date soon after and from then on it was a blur. pretty much every little thing was done with one another. i went home for spring and he was home in july but we quickly reconnected in late july after a ward dance party (i can't seem to stay away when he busts out his moves...j/k) after that we were literally inseparable. during the break, before the fall semester started, we both went home and told our families all about each other. it became evident to them that this wasn't a little college fling. upon returning we told each other we loved each other! lets rewind a bit...a few days before we went home for the break we spent the day in salt lake city around temple square. that night we went to a meteor shower (pictures of that in a prior post). we later figured out that that night was the night we both realized we loved each other :) on the same night!! are we not the cutest thing!?!?!? back to now..or last night rather, i had THE worst day yesterday so kimball suggested we take the night off and just relax. he strategically told me to shower and get into something cute to make me feel better. after doing so he suggested we go up to the canyon to star gaze. we took some blankets and made our way up to the spot we fell in love. as we snuggled we discussed why we loved each other and how we would bring our kids to this spot and tell them this is where we fell in love. after a bit he mentioned his feet were freezing and off the blanket. i got up to straighten the blanket out when kimball asked me if something was out in the distance. being extremely scared of the dark (and it was pitch black) i immediately turned around to see what he was talking about. not seeing anything i told him that was mean and he knew it would scare me! i turned around to my beautiful boyfriend kneeling down. "i want another reason to bring our kids here, will you marry me?" i immediately started bawling and kneeled down with him as we hugged and kissed through the tears. finally, i calmed down enough for him to actually put the ring on my finger. so there it is ya'll! i get him, forever! december 30th my best friend and i will be sealed for time and all eternity in the mesa, arizona temple :) because i am blessed.

8 comments:

  1. That is so totally awesome! What a great story to tell the little ones later! So happy for you!!! Keep us posted!!!
    xox
    Aunt Tina
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love i want to see a better one of the ring! haha woot your are my first hair blog follower. i just started that one last week. i figured my hair blog needed to be seperated from my legit blog. and my gay math blog for school bleh. haha. anyway SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU you both are studs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! What a cute story. Let me know if I can help with anything! Planning a wedding is....fun? I mean, Planning a wedding is FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that was a great story! Cant wait to meet this amazing guy! So happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! And getting married on my birthday huh? Well that is super freakin awesome. A very good day, if I do say so myself! Congrats Kelsey Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well this shall be random...but I saw Breckyns comment to you on FB, so I went to your page, and then I saw your blog address, so I came to visit and read. Phew, there you have it.

    CONGRATS on your engagement! So happy for you. You two seem very happy together, and that is an awesome start! I'm only mildly freaking out that you're OLD enough for this. Weren't you just a young 'un doing workshop like YESTERDAY? Sheesh!

    Good luck with all the planning and preparing. This is SUCH a fun time in life!

    Allyson

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kels, congrats!!! I am seriously so happy for you both! How fun! I would love an announcement! I will send you a message on facebook of my address.
    P.S. I love the whole proposal story, it is so cute! And the whole part about you guys falling in love on the same night! :) Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I can't believe that my favorite teenager in the whole world is getting married and I won't be there! BOO for me. I will look forward to coming home and getting to know your sweetheart. Tell him to take good care of my friend. I love you and will be thinking of you on your special day. Sister Tolman (debratolman@cox.net)

    ReplyDelete